Dr. IV Start Up Wins Avanade Digital Innovation Award 202015 July 2020
Dr. IV, a JA start-up from Greece, has won the 2020 Avanade Digital Innovation Award, part of this year’s JA Enterprise Challenge run by JA Europe, Europe’s largest non-profit dedicated to preparing young people for employment and entrepreneurship.
This year’s competition was held entirely virtually for the first time, enabled by Avanade, the leading digital innovator on the Microsoft ecosystem.
Open to students aged between 18 and 30, the event saw 17,000+ participate in national start-up competitions. Eighteen teams from 17 countries then went on to compete at the pan-European level, which involved creating and delivering a pitch, live jury interviews and filming a video commercial.
Heba Ramzy, Avanade’s Global Corporate Citizenship Lead, praised this year’s Digital Innovation Award winning team for its approach in tackling a very topical issue:
Dr.IV will receive a cash prize and be offered 1:1 mentoring and business coaching by Avanade. Its members will also have the opportunity to meet Avanade’s senior leadership and attend selected Avanade events.
, Heba Ramzy, commented. she concluded.
Avanade and JA Europe have collaborated through a close partnership since 2016, supporting JA programmes that teach young people about technology, leadership and entrepreneurship. This year, the collaboration was taken to a new level by joining forces to turn the JA Europe Start-Up Challenge into a virtual format.
, said Adam Warby, Chairman of JA Europe , added Salvatore Nigro, CEO of JA Europe.
Avanade Digital Innovation Signature Award 2020 jury members:
· Heba Ramzy, Global Citizenship Senior Director, Avanade
· Lise af Ekenstam, Executive – Europe Marketing and Tech for Social Good, Avanade
· Juan Bossicard, Corporate Citizenship Manager, Avanade
· Toby Goldblatt, Executive for Data & AI, Avanade
Avanade Digital Innovation Award 2020 judging criteria:
The Award goes to the team whose business concept best demonstrated excellence in the following areas:
1. Does the team demonstrate sufficient business potential, with a realistic and practical business plan? Has the team presented a well thought through plan (do they have in place a strategy, business case, partnership structure, distribution channels) that have all the elements of being successful in the identified markets? Does the company accurately recognize and fill a gap in the market, or create a new one? Does the team have potential investors lined up, and a market tested product?
2. How does the concept improve experiences of the customer? What friction points/challenges does this solve? What is the North Star experience you are seeking to create and how does that benefit the customer?
3. Has the team demonstrated application of digital innovations such as those listed above in their product or services? Does the concept bring together the right mix of digital technologies and innovation to realize the North Star experience?
4. Has the team demonstrated concrete steps to ensure a real and sustainable business, from leadership, recruiting top talent, operational agility and efficiencies, sound decision making where it comes to taking calculated risks to grow.
5. Has the team demonstrated a commitment to digital ethics? Which digital ethics principles are taken into consideration by the start-up? Does the product or service development demonstrate an approach or a methodology based on the concept of “digital ethics by design”?
6. Was the team’s presentation creative and compelling? Does the team demonstrate effective team work and communication skills to present their company to various stakeholders?
7. Has the team successfully combined the business concept idea with data management / AI technologies to offer innovative solutions and/or new business model scenarios.
About JA Europe
is the largest non-profit in Europe dedicated to preparing young people for employment and entrepreneurship. JA Europe is a member of , which for 100 years has delivered hands on, experiential learning in entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy. JA creates pathways for employability, job creation and financial success. Last school year, the JA network in Europe reached more than 4 million young people across 40 countries with the support of 140,000 business volunteers and 130,000 teachers/educators.
is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honours diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
JA Europe press contact: